Protein 3D Structure Prediction Tutorial : Part-II
Purposes of Modeling
- Explaining phenotype of existing mutations
- Designing mutants to disrupt or alter specificfunctions
- Prediction about function
- Drug design
- Hypothesis generation
Common Terms Used in Protein Structure Modelling
Methods of Protein Structure Modelling
- Ab initioprotein modelling - prediction based on physical principles rather than on any previously solved structures. Read more
- Comparative protein modeling - model prediction using previously solved structures as a template.
- Homology Modeling : based on assumption that two homologous proteins will share very similar structures. Read more
Part-III: Video Tutorial for Protein 3D Structure Prediction
- Protein threading : Utilize to predict structure of those protein which have the same fold as proteins of known structures, but do not have homologous proteins with known structure. Read more
First of all, let me clear it that i am not a Bioinformatician. i am simple plant biology researcher who face problem in her daily research life and who bother to post solution of those problem on this webpage. That's it.