How to install Bioperl in window xp
Bioperl is a collection of modules which can be used in Perl for sequence data analysis. When you have installed ActiveState perl (in the previous exercise), the Perl Package Manager is at your disposal.
- Go to start -> Run..., and in the window you type 'ppm'.
- The PPM window opens. It shows you which perl modules have been installed, and which are available but are not installed. You can also delete perl modules from here.
- To install Bioperl, you have to add the Bioperl repository. List of repositories and their links are available below
|Name||perl 5.8||perl 5.10|
- Go to 'Edit' -> 'Preferences'. Select in the preferences the tap 'Repositories' and add the details of Bioperl repository. Click on Add.
- When it is added, the Bioperl repository should be listed under repositories.
- Close the preferences window. Now search for Bioperl in the search box at the top. Bioperl should be listed.
- Mark the Bioperl for installation.
- Execute the installation of packages marked for installation by clicking . Watch this Bioinformatics Video Tutorial for details:
First of all, let me clear it that i am not a Bioinformatician. i am simple plant biology researcher who face problem in her daily research life and who bother to post solution of those problem on this webpage. That's it.